Today we went back to the Civil Affairs office and (I mispoke yesterday on the post we went to the 8th floor) finished the adoption. For those of you who do not know Chinese law we have a 24 hr trial period before we sign and everything is complete. So we were up early and met in the lobby at 9:30 and off we went with Rebecca to the Civil Affairs office. The first interview for us was with the notary and the second was with the adoption registry person. They asked us questions like who were we and our age, do we promise to take care of and provide for her, will we educate her, are we happy with her. All I could think about is yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! IS THERE ANOTHER ANSWER!!!!lol. We also took gifts for each of them. So by 11:30 we were done and in China's eyes Ella Grace is ours for the KEEPS!!!!
So we came back to the room and me, Ella Grace(E.G. for short), and Chris all took a nap--we needed it since we EG was up from 12:00 ish pm till 2:30 am. So she woke up crying and I know she was startled because she did not know where she was or who we are still at this time. She just knows that we have taken her and she does not know if that is for good or just temporary. Chris and I have often thought today I wonder what she is thinking, because she just looks around, does not make a sound, nor does she smile or any expression. We try playing with her and she wants no part of it. We have read a zillion blogs and they all say--it takes 2 or 3 days before they ever come around...I guess that in their minds they wonder if this is for keeps?!
No comments:
Post a Comment